Capacitar teaches simple wellness practices for good health and self-development that awaken people to their own wisdom, strength and leadership, using a holistic model of healing, and a community education methodology rooted in the principles of social justice and human rights. Capacitar practices include Tai Chi, Emotional Freedom Techniques, Mindfulness, Meditation, Stress Management and Self Care.
Capacitar Ireland organises and offers the following programmes to train people in Capacitar Wellness practices:
- Introduction Days to introduce Capacitar Wellness practices and promote the Foundation course
- Foundation Course in Wellness Education – 4 weekends over 12 months
- Advanced Course in Wellness Education and Tutor Training – 4 weekends over 12 months
- Mentoring Days to support and upskill Foundation Graduates and Tutors
- Regional Gathering Days
- Tailor- made Capacitar Wellness programmes and seminars in partnership with other organisations for specific target groups e.g. Schools and Youth Clubs, Carers, Traveller Groups, Disability groups, Women’s groups, Trauma Groups, Community Networks, Asylum seekers and Refugees.
We also promote and support the cascading of Capacitar Wellness work through encouraging the establishment of independent community-based groups that meet regularly to do Capacitar practices, facilitated by a Capacitar tutor e.g. groups meet weekly in Tallaght, Drogheda, Dundalk, Castleblayney and Nenagh. Several of these groups have been going for over 10 years and some have up to 70 participants weekly.